Coffee House Press seeks a part-time contract Marketing and Sales Director to lead our marketing, sales, and publicity team. The Marketing and Sales Director oversees all marketing, sales, and publicity activities for the press, developing and implementing big-picture strategies for the market positioning of our books, developing immediate tactics for generating sales (and tracking results) for both frontlist and backlist titles, and managing marketing copy and metadata. The Marketing and Sales Director will help support department infrastructure, developing systems and processes for seasonal and book-by-book marketing and sales efforts, working with the Publicist to create an integrated approach to department activities.
- Direct all marketing, sales, and publicity activities, leading department meetings and developing systems of reporting and support
- Plan, manage, and execute book-level and seasonal marketing and sales campaigns, facilitating regular sales analysis efforts and other data-gathering activities to quantify the effectiveness of tactics and strategies
- Manage in-house sales and direct sales, with support from the Publishing Assistant and the Marketing and Publicity Assistant
- Liaise with trade distributor Consortium Book Sales & Distribution, facilitating and executing marketing activities (including copywriting and metadata assembly) tied to their seasonal calendar
- Consult on appropriate initial print runs and reprint quantities based on sales data
- Develop department infrastructure, including systems and processes, making recommendations for improvements that support an efficient workflow
- Collaborate with colleagues and the Interim Executive Director to achieve organizational goals
Please highlight a successful sales and marketing campaign in your cover letter. Please note any experience with website management, brand management, or social media strategy.
- At least five years of experience in a leadership and management role in marketing and sales, ideally in literary publishing and/or a nonprofit organization
- Well-versed in both traditional and digital marketing tactics
- Demonstrated success planning for and achieving sales goals
- Track record of creating strong integrated marketing and sales campaigns
- Knowledge of metadata tactics and best practices for discoverability
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills, with ability to inspire and motivate a team
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Enthusiasm for adventurous contemporary literature and knowledge of the greater small-press literary environment
Reporting and Compensation
This position will report directly to an Interim Executive Director until CHP has hired a permanent Executive Director, at which point they will report to the Executive Director. This is a part-time (approximately 20 hours/week) contract position, with compensation $35,0000–$40,000 annually, commensurate with experience. This position can be fully remote, but candidates must be residents of Minnesota.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will be accepted through January 18.