CavanKerry Press is searching for a Marketing and Communications Director. The ideal candidate must possess excellent writing and communications skills, and significant abilities in using all forms of social media. A strong background or knowledge of small literary press publishing is a decided plus, as is some knowledge of fundraising and development. The position is part-time and remote with occasional travel to the home office, and requires reporting to staff on a regular basis. Expected time commitment is up to 20 hours weekly.
The Director will be responsible for the following initially and other tasks may be assigned as further needs develop:
- Development and implementation of a yearly marketing plan
- Maintenance of the website and blog and creation and development of all social media
- Schedule and coordinate annual appeal
- Maintenance of our Community Outreach, ADA, and Poetry Out Loud programs
- Creation of sales promotions and various newsletters
- Maintenance of Sales and Distribution Analytics
- Manage and distribute media kits
- Facilitate special events to promote the press
- Distribution of desk copies to various critical periodicals and magazines
CavanKerry Press is a small, widely-respected press with a mission committed to expanding the reach of poetry to a general readership by publishing poets whose works explore the emotional and psychological landscapes of everyday life. CKP also publishes memoirs and non-fiction collections in both physical and digital formats.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.