Ladderbird is currently looking for several motivated Junior Agents to join our team at an independent, full-service agency with a unique and diverse client base. Specifically, Ladderbird is looking for people with a passion for authors and literature who will be devoted to fostering long-term careers with their clients.
- Reading queries and manuscripts and providing edits as needed
- Arrange meetings with editors at publishing houses to present book proposals; confirm meetings and follow through with publishers once meeting is completed.
- Communicate in a professional and amicable manner while representing a culturally-diverse client base of authors.
- Negotiating and tracking author contracts.
- Handling royalty statements.
- Attending Conferences and Events within the publishing industry
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Detail oriented and self-motivated worker with the ability to work independently
- Candidates should be proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Ideal candidate has 1+ years of experience in the publishing/editorial industry
- Excellent knowledge of the non-fiction marketplace and a passion for reading
- Ladderbird offers the opportunity to work remotely
- Competitive commission split
- Excellent, continuous, hands on training
This a commission only job with no base salary
Flexible hours can be discussed from 15 hours/week and up.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume (read report, editorial, etc.) to email@example.com with Job Title in heading.