The French Publishers’ Agency, which represents the English language rights of books from France, is seeking for April 1, 2020 one experienced literary agent to work closely with the director.
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Reading and evaluation of French manuscripts
- Writing blurbs in English
- Writing submission letters/emails to editors and follow-up
- Promoting selected books through emails, telephone pitches, meetings (with editors and at book fairs)
- Negotiating the terms of the sale, drawing up contracts, and overseeing the fulfillment of contractual agreements under the supervision of the Director
- Expanding and maintaining network of American editors interested in acquiring translations from the French in both trade and university press sectors
- Working with French foreign rights departments
- Maintaining database, website and social media accounts
- Managing royalty incomes: tracking, checking and processing royalty statements
- Managing the monthly newsletter
- Clerical work
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
- *French language: reading (capable of accessing and comprehend). Writing and speaking a plus.
- A minimum of 1 year of related work experience in foreign rights or literary agency, experience in book publishing required
- Ability to create and maintain client relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office World, Excel and FileMaker Pro
Benefits: Health; Dental; IRA
Please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com
And be advised that we may not be able to respond to every applicant regarding their status. Thank you!
Visit our website: www.frenchrights.com