The Grants intern writes, researches, and organizes, and supports tracking systems for Kundiman's government, foundation, and corporate grant applications. The Grants intern works 15 hours a week and reports to the Executive Director. Candidates must be based in the New York City area to attend meeting and events, but most of the internship will be conducted remotely.
We’re looking for candidates with:
- An interest in learning about non-profit grant writing for an Asian American literary arts organization
- Ability to manage time and multiple projects, meet deadlines, and focus on detail
- Strong written, verbal, and copyediting skills
- Desire to work within a community of writers and arts workers
- An interest in Asian American literature
- Assisting with the preparation of grant proposals and artistic samples, including drafting, copyediting, and spellchecking grant applications
- Writing grant reports
- Researching grants and identifying granters and foundations that match our mission
- Organizing and editing grant language from previous proposals in a grants language bank
- Maintaining a calendar of grant deadlines
Other tasks reasonably requested by Kundiman
Apply at the following link: https://kundiman.submittable.com/submit.