Status: Independent contractor position
Location: New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, and the United States
Salary: Paid per project, based on experience and resume
Kevin Anderson & Associates (KAA) is currently hiring talented, professional, and traditionally published authors and ghostwriters, specifically within the genres of business/prescriptive nonfiction, memoir, and popular culture. This is a freelance, independent contractor position.
KAA is an industry-leading book-writing, ghostwriting, editing, and publishing consultation firm located in Manhattan with offices in Nashville and LA. Our dynamic staff of New York Times bestselling authors, ghostwriters, publishing insiders, and editors has been developing manuscripts for nearly 15 years. Our services are customized to the needs of each client and have produced numerous bestselling books. Our clients include literary agents, traditional and hybrid publishing houses, celebrities, notable figures in politics and business, and a wide variety of first-time authors. We work closely with publishers and agents, providing reliable and well-managed ghostwriting and book-doctoring services. We occupy a unique role within the publishing industry as we bring together authors, publishers, agents, marketers, publicists, designers, and other industry professionals in the unified goal to produce a successful and powerful book.
Learn more about our firm at www.ka-writing.com
● A bachelor’s degree is required (MFAs and other graduate degrees preferred).
● At least 2–3 traditionally published titles within your genre(s) of specialty.
● Ability to adopt and adhere to KAA procedures, policies, and processes for ghostwriting.
● Consummate professionalism and responsiveness.
KAA employs a project-payment model commensurate with your experience and publishing credentials. For traditionally published writers, project rates typically range between $15K–$50K, depending on experience and success, and higher for authors with exceptional industry credits.
Why Write for KAA?
At KAA, you will experience the advantages of:
● Working under the banner of an industry-leading communications firm
● Competitive pay
● A professionally managed process that allows you to focus on what you do best (i.e. we handle all of the logistics, administrative processes, sales/financials, ensuring healthy and fair work conditions, related work expenses, and quality control so that you can focus your time on writing or editing).
● Collaborating on projects with other credentialed and renowned authors.
● The chance to refine your craft while exploring new opportunities.
● Connections to literary agencies and PR and marketing groups.
● Potential for coauthor credits and other acknowledgements.
● Meeting a wide array of incredibly interesting clients.
● Being part of an incredible team that values your work, your professional development, your own writing career (we love to promote our writers’ books), and taking care of each other as a team.
Do NOT call about this position. Applicants who call will have their applications discarded.
To apply please send the following materials to careers at kawriting dot com:
1. A cover letter outlining your areas of expertise; your interest in working with KAA; a list of genres within which you have been traditionally published; general availability; and any other relevant information.
2. Current resume or CV that includes your publication history and/or other relevant experience.
3. 1–3 writing samples indicative of your published work. (Links to existing books are acceptable, so long as we can preview the work easily and free of charge.)
Become an integral part of an established, growing, and professional writing firm. KAA is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks out writers of color and other marginalized voices. Apply today.