Fledgling Writing Workshops is looking for a writer and educator to run one 7-week Fledgling Course a season (three a year) as well as a 6-week memoir writing course of their own design (twice a year).
You may be the right fit if…
- You have experience participating in/running writing workshops
- You are a creative nonfiction writer
- You are familiar with prompt writing
- You have published pieces out in the world
- You have some background or degree in a writing related field
- You are a writing student looking for more teaching experience
- You are a freelancer/copywriter/editor hoping to build your writer CV
- Your joys and trials fully influence your writing
- You agree that writing creatively and freely can be a healing practice
- You live in the NYC area
- You believe in kindness
- You’ve maybe even taken a FWW course before!
Above all, you want to be a part of a growing creative community. You are eager to contribute your unique point of view and energy to help sustain and build this young, small business.
You must be able to travel to Crown Heights up to twice weekly to lead your sessions.*
This position is not full-time and will instead function as a contracted employee with room to grow. Workshop leaders are paid a percentage of the class profit, so payment varies with the size of the class. Fledgling has big plans for the coming years and hopes to connect with a likeminded educator who is interested in bringing their voice to our brand and community for seasons to come.
Find out how to apply here: http://www.fledglingworkshops.com/work-with-fledgling.