Kevin Anderson & Associates is a high-profile New York City-based book ghostwriting and editing firm. We are a rapidly growing company and expect our exponential growth to continue. Our clients include New York Times-#1 bestselling authors, Big-5 publishers, literary agencies, Fortune‑100/500 C‑level executives, notable public figures, professional athletes and entertainers, and numerous first-time authors.
Our dynamic staff is composed primarily of New York Times bestselling authors, ghostwriters, publishing insiders, and editors. Our innovative team approach to the book-writing and publishing process offers clients focused attention from multiple industry experts who work collaboratively and effectively to produce the best possible result.
We are looking for two talented, meticulous, efficient, and dependable full-time editors to join our editorial staff.
Specifically, we’re looking for one editor with experience and proficiency in editing prescriptive nonfiction and a second editor with experience and proficiency in editing narrative works (primarily a wide range of novels and memoirs).
The editors will be responsible for editing and reviewing approximately 100 books annually.
Editors will receive work from our Editorial Coordinators, who will also review and approve edits before delivering them to authors.
- Copy editing
- Line editing
- General formatting per Chicago Manual of Style
- Providing critical review and feedback
- Providing clients with phone consultations
- Reviewing and editing book proposals and query letters
Advantage of working for KAA:
- Work under the banner of an industry-leading book-writing and editing firm
- Competitive pay
- A professionally managed process that allows you to focus on what you do best--editing books. We handle all of the logistics, administrative processes, sales, financials, healthy and fair work conditions, related work expenses, and quality control.
- Collaborate on projects with other credentialed editors and renowned authors
- Work directly with bestselling writers and highly experienced former acquisitions editors from Big-5 houses.
- Edit notable and often bestselling books
- The flexibility to work from home or one of our offices
- Potential for credit and other acknowledgements on Big-5 publications and other published books (we have several multi-book deals with multiple Big-5 houses in which cover credit is available).
- Meeting a wide array of incredibly interesting, often notable/famous, clients
- Being part of an incredible team that values your work, your own career, and taking care of each other as a team
- A bachelor’s degree is required (master’s degree preferred)
- At least 3+ years’ professional experience as an editor at a Big-5 publishing house
- Chicago Manual of Style expertise
- Self-motivated and committed team player who enjoys a fast-paced and results-oriented work environment
- Ability to keep deadlines and manage an at-times demanding workload—missed deadlines are unacceptable
- Willingness to undertake an editing test as part of the application process
Please, no calls. We will contact you if we are interested in your services. If you call, it may eliminate your candidacy.
Please include all of the following materials in a single document. We do not want to receive emails with multiple attachments. Email the following with the subject line: FULL-TIME EDITOR APPLICANT to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A cover letter that describes your professional editorial experience and interest in working with our firm and your salary requirements
- A list of your areas of expertise (proofreading; copy editing; line editing; heavy editing; developmental editing; etc.)
- Identify whether you’re applying for the prescriptive nonfiction editor position or the narrative editor position
- A list of the books you’ve edited, written, or ghostwritten (feel free to leave out any specific confidential information). Include title, publisher, and date of publication.
- Note if you’ve ever edited or written a bestseller or award-winning book
- Current resume or CV that includes your publication history and/or other relevant experience
Become an integral part of an established, growing, and professional writing and editing firm. Apply today.
Please visit www.ka-writing.com to learn more about us and what we do.