Bookfox is seeking a freelance writer to write articles helping fiction writers.
- Literary background, but not afraid of genre/popular fiction
- Published at least one story collection/novel with a traditional publisher
- Taught creative writing at the university level
- MFA preferred
- Enormous library of fiction and books about writing (capable of offline research)
- Quick Researcher
- Able to research current online articles and find gaps in what they provide to writers
- Capable of innovative ideas, not just rehashing old ideas about writing
- Educated yet colloquial voice, comfortable mixing high and low diction, and formal and informal language. Voice must be non-academic and non-stuffy.
- Talented at writing for online media (completely different than writing for print).
- Know Wordpress
- Graphics skills with Canva or Adobe InDesign
To write substantial articles on the craft of fiction writing:
- Plotting, characterization, dialogue, POV, voice, sentences, etc.
- To create a bank of articles for upmarket fiction writers: writers who love fast pacing and fun plots, but pay attention to deep characterization and sentences
- To provide creative writing advice that is more advanced than most elementary articles online
- Research competition to find topics
- Research blog posts
- Write substantial and authoritative blog posts on steady basis
- Edit & Proofread content
- Resume or CV
- Link to one (1) online article you’ve written
- One post you admired/enjoyed on Bookfox (thejohnfox.com)
Payment is roughly $500 per post, depending on length and research. Posts range from 4,000 words to 6,000 words.
This is a freelance position, but could turn into a full time position if we are a good match.