The International Writing Program at The University of Iowa seeks to hire a 100% time Fall Residency Coordinator/Program Coordinator. This is a one-year specified term appointment with the possibility of renewal for a maximum of three years, pending grant funding. Duties to include:
- Design, plan, promote and conduct the International Writing Program’s Programming, specifically the Fall Residency program.
- A Bachelor's degree in Arts Administration, Education, English, Fine Arts or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. A Master’s degree is desired.
- Related administrative and program experience, typically a minimum of one year, including event coordination, travel and logistics, liaising with constituents and funding organizations, and reporting is required.
- Extensive understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors is required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and proficiency in computer software applications, including word processing and spreadsheets is required.
- Demonstrated extensive proficiency in the ability to work with variety of individuals and groups in a constructive manner while appreciating the unique contribution of diverse individuals is required.
- Working knowledge of how to craft, construct and submit an effective grant application is desired.
- Demonstrated job-related experience with, and understanding of, diverse genres in Creating Writing is desired.
- Some knowledge of University policies, procedures and regulations is desired.