Scarsdale Publishing seeks an experienced fiction editor to build their Prizma imprint. Books written by people of color about people of color. Experience with novel length fiction by people of color required.
Collegiate classes involving ethnic minorities and diverse cultures a plus.
Editor must be a self-starter who can work remotely and meet deadlines. Content and developmental editing experience a must. Courses/education in creative writing technique a plus. Proofreading a plus.
- Work with authors to develop books/series toward publication
- Maintain and coordinate editorial schedule with authors and Managing Editor
- Be proficient in Word/track changes
- Work closely with design to coordinate for publication
- Use Chicago Manual of Style as style guide
This is a part time contract position.
Interested applicant may send a cover letter and resume to Managing Editor Kimberly Comeau at email@example.com.