Zando, a nimble new independent publisher, is looking for an executive assistant to support our senior leadership team.
This is a full-time position based in New York, NY. Zando offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
Founded by publishing executive Molly Stern, Zando is an independent publisher that connects inspiring authors to the audiences they deserve and helps readers find new books to love. Zando collaborates with Catalyst Partners—influential people, platforms and institutions—to acquire and publish books that reflect those Partners' deeply held passions and missions. Titles are published both under Partner imprints and Zando’s own brand. Our goal is to bring attention to new and distinctive ideas and writers, spark meaningful cultural conversations, and upend the bestseller list.
Zando is backed by SISTER, the independent studio formed in 2019 by Elisabeth Murdoch, Stacey Snider and Jane Featherstone to develop, produce and invest in visionary storytellers.
Reporting to Zando’s founder and CEO, Molly Stern, you will manage the schedules and communications of the senior leadership team. You will work closely with leadership in finance, sales and editorial to manage external communications, schedule meetings, and provide critical administrative support.
- Manage the CEO’s calendar including scheduling and confirming meetings, and taking minutes
- Act as liaison between the CEO, senior leadership team, and members of the Zando board
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituents on all matters pertaining to the CEO
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including making and answering phone calls, arranging travel, and making reservations
- Work closely with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities
- Draft and prepare communications on leadership’s behalf
- Welcome office guests
- Use word processing software, spreadsheets and databases to organize information
- Complete other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization
This position presents an incredible opportunity for a highly-motivated individual to assume a central role in the evolution of a disruptive and fast-growing publishing house. The ideal candidate will commit to this role for a minimum of two years. Candidates from under-represented backgrounds are strongly encouraged.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, and other desktop publishing software
- Interpersonal skills
- Collaboration and flexibility
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Verbal and written communication
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Problem-solving and decision making
- Self-starting, highly motivated
- Excellent judgment
- Integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Previous experience supporting C-level executives is a plus
How to apply:
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Select applicants will then be invited to interview.