Pixel+Ink is seeking an Editor/On-Staff Writer to lead editing and writing on property development for their new children's imprint. Their focus is fiction series for picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, and graphic novels with an editorial direction to develop stories that can be expressed for audiences beyond books in other forms of entertainment and around the world. This person should be a creative self-starter with acquisition and development expertise.
- Supports Editor-in-Chief with editing and writing on new properties
- Acquires and edits for the imprint
- Writes notes and development direction for book authors/creators
- Writes outlines and develops origiinal ideas for "in-house" property slate
- Scouts writers and illustrators and helps select talent for projects
- Assists in TV show bible development and vision for the property
- Keeps on top of trends in children's entertainment, including books, TV, etc.
- 5+ years of children's book editing and publishing, or writing experience
- Expertise with picture books, chapter books, and middle grade novels
- Experienced at successfully developing marketable publishing concepts
- Excellent editing, writing, and proofreading skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Has established industry contacts
- Screenwriting and TV show bible development a plus
Pixel+Ink is the new imprint of Trustbridge Global Media, the parent company of Holiday House and Peachtree Publishing. TGM is an affiliate of Trustbridge Partners, a Shanghai-based private equity and venture capital firm.
Interested applicants should sent their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.