Quirk Books is seeking a full-time Editor or Senior Editor to conceive of, develop, acquire, and edit 8-10 unique, pop culture inspired books a year across fiction and non-fiction categories. Adult and children’s editors will be considered but experience developing IP and/or working with licensors is a must. This role reports to the editorial director.
- Conceives of, develops, acquires, and edits 8–10 books a year. These books would be a mix of original ideas and licensed books
- Shepherds manuscripts through the production process and oversees all aspects of the publication process, with regular involvement in cover development, interior design, and sales/marketing/publicity strategy
- Develops and nurtures relationships with authors, agents, licensors, and other industry professionals
- Drafts contract requests, title information sheets, catalog copy, jacket copy, and retailer copy
- Represents Quirk Books at launch, sales conference, and select industry events
- 5+ years of relevant editorial experience and acquisitions history
- Strong awareness of the general marketplace and pop culture trends
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently, stay organized, set priorities, and problem-solve in a time-sensitive environment
- Strong industry contacts
- Must be able to work full-time from the Philadelphia office
To apply, please submit a cover letter ans resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.