In this role, you will primarily handle the company calendar, scheduling calls and meetings with authors and editors, but will also be responsible for reviewing and lending editorial input on fiction and nonfiction projects. You’ll be part of building a book—from the ground up. For those who bring research and marketing acumen, we’re looking for self-starters to assist with our speakers bureau. The internship requires a commitment of 3 days in office per week at our midtown Manhattan location. This is an unpaid internship, but can be used for school credit. To learn more about Lucinda Literary, please visit our website: http://www.lucindaliterary.com/
- College seniors or graduates with excellent research, writing, and organizational skills.
- Previous publishing experience a plus, but not required.
- You bring excellent research, writing, and organizational skills. Experienced writing in a professional capacity (i.e. for a publication, company blog or newsletter) and track-editing (in either MS Word or Google Drive) a plus, but not required.
- You bring incredible attention to grammar, spelling, and detail, consummate written and interpersonal skills, total professionalism, intellectual curiosity.
- You’re excited by a position that encourages problem-solving, self-motivation, growth/responsibility, flexibility, and creativity alongside productivity.
- There is no task too big or too small that you can’t handle.
How to Apply: To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, subject line: Editorial Intern.
Location: 135 E. 57th Street, New York, NY 10022, or remote.
Expiration Date: August 20