Benefits: Health; Dental; Flexible hours
Duration: Full Time
Location: New York, NY
Gotham Ghostwriters, the country’s premier ghostwriting agency, is seeking an entrepreneurial wordsmith with a strong background in book publishing to fulfill the key matchmaking role in its bookwriting group. The Editorial Director will manage our network of book ghosts and editors and oversee the assignment of projects for our clients.
Responsibilities: The Editorial Director will be the chief quality control agent for Gotham’s core service offering and main selling point—our ability to deliver the right writer for a given book client’s needs. They will be in charge of maintaining the standards and expectations of our network of writers. And they will run the matching process we go through to maximize the chances of a successful book collaboration.
In particular, the Editorial Director will be responsible for:
- Vetting and approving new writers who are seeking to join our network
- Recruiting writers who specialize in high-value fields and genres
- Conducting inventory-taking sessions with new clients to assess their needs and priorities
- Screening and recommending candidates for specific book projects from our network—and occasionally outside it
- Contributing to the agency’s brand promotional efforts
- Suggesting specific clients and book packaging opportunities
Qualifications: Strong writing and people skills, excellent judgment, and a keen eye for making strong connections are the top prerequisites for this position. In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in a related role at a book publisher, literary agency, or another publishing-related business
- Previous service as an assignment editor or manager of editorial talent and experience working with book ghostwriters and collaborators
- Creative ideas for expanding the firm’s brand awareness and reach
- A zest for working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
Compensation: Salary commensurate with comparable jobs at a publishing start-up, as well as commissions for bringing in new business and bonuses tied to company performance. Health insurance provided.
Applications: If you are interested in being considered for this position, please email your resume and at least three representative writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Our Company: