Boydell & Brewer, Inc., Rochester, NY, seeks a part-time editorial assistant for its University of Rochester Press and Camden House imprints. The editorial assistant is responsible for supporting the managing editor and editorial directors by performing administrative and editorial tasks. It is a fast-paced position that requires juggling multiple tasks and priorities on a daily basis.
This is a part-time, nonexempt position:
25 hours per week; 5 hours per day
- Communicate daily with the managing editor and editorial directors; assist with administrative tasks related to editorial activities and objectives
- Communicate with academic authors and editors about matters related to their books or series
- Enter data for title records into the database
- Mail and track author publishing contracts; scan and archive signed contracts
- Assist with peer review
- Check in newly arrived manuscripts; review permissions and images
- Help with proofreading and copyediting of manuscripts
- Assist with manuscript reconciliation and preparation for transmittal to the production department
- Liaise with authors, editors, and internal departments as needed
- Conduct online research as needed
- Manage distribution list and free copies for newly published titles
- Other duties as required
Preferred qualifications: bachelor’s degree in English or other humanities field; background in music history or German studies highly desirable. Superior writing, proofreading, and organizational skills; attention to detail and ability to follow through on multiple tasks simultaneously. Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Photoshop.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Sonia Kane (email@example.com) outlining your interest, relevant experience, and date of availability.