University of California Press seeks an Acquisitions Editor to develop a new list in science. We are open to areas of science that build on the strengths of the UC system, and we are interested in hearing from candidates with creative ideas about how to build on these strengths.
- Works with the editorial director to develop a new publishing strategy for science at UC Press; candidates will be asked to propose specific areas of science in which to focus the program.
- Develops network of leading scholars, authors, and agents in the US & beyond for the purpose of obtaining manuscripts.
- Conceives of book ideas.
- Judges whether projects are publishable editorially & financially; obtains critical readings; presents them before the faculty Editorial Committee.
- Collaborates with Sales & Marketing staff to effectively position titles, & develop necessary sales & marketing materials; conducts market research so as to judge the sales potential of potential projects.
- Works with production to ensure proper preparation of manuscripts & set schedule priorities for books.
- Travels to academic conferences and visits campuses
To apply, visit https://www.ucpress.edu/about/careers.