Do you have an ear for rhythm, an eye for detail, a mind for research, and a stomach for revision? Do you love to read and love to write and love to write about what you read? Do you think your life would be better if you just had more deadlines to meet—ideally, several at once? If so, we can’t wait to hear from you.
West Wing Writers is searching for a full-time director. We have offices in DC, NY, and SF; the location for this position can be flexible.
As a director, you can expect to be an integral part of the West Wing Writers team:
- You’ll be researching and writing for a range of clients about a number of important issues in a variety of formats: speeches, op-eds, talking points, messaging strategy memos, social media, and more;
- You’ll interact with clients on a regular basis, participate in the management of client relationships, and contribute actively in client meetings and calls;
- You’ll help craft messages, strategy, and writing products for some of the world’s most influential leaders, organizations, and brands;
- You’ll be asked to do so thoroughly, thoughtfully, quickly, and carefully. Over time, you’ll be expected to execute significant projects with minimal oversight;
- You’ll work closely and collaboratively with other directors, associates, and principals and partners at the firm, with the goal of partnering with colleagues across the firm’s three offices;
- On certain projects, you’ll manage other writers at the firm, usually in partnership with a partner or principal. In these instances, you should be prepared to offer thoughtful and constructive edits to your colleagues, and jointly produce client-ready work.
Our ideal candidate…
- Has exceptional writing skills and is comfortable writing across a range of formats;
- Has excellent time-management skills and is comfortable writing on deadline;
- Is creative, curious, organized, motivated, dependable, and professional;
- Works well both independently and in teams;
- Has experience producing written materials such as speeches, op-eds, news articles, books, digital content, or other strategic messaging. Ideally, the candidate has conceived and produced these written products from start to finish, with minimal guidance or oversight;
- Has worked in a client-facing capacity in a previous role;
- Has at least three years of relevant work experience; and
- Is authorized to work and accept new employment in the United States.
About West Wing Writers:
West Wing Writers is a speechwriting and strategy firm with offices in Washington, DC, New York City, and San Francisco. We’re veterans of the Obama White House and the Clinton White House, of presidential campaigns, governors’ offices, and Capitol Hill. We’re journalists and teachers; novelists and activists; comedians, poets, and foreign policy experts.
Today, we craft speeches, op-eds, and other strategic communications for some of the most compelling leaders and thinkers. We’ve helped CEOs tell their stories on the world’s biggest stages. We’ve helped global foundations make the case for a new wave of philanthropy. We’ve helped politicians rally national political conventions, companies launch products to global markets, and people from all walks of life hold TED audiences in rapt attention.
Every day we come to work, we partner with a wide array of clients around the world—from Fortune 500 Companies to progressive activists—to find their voice, hone their message, and push for change. We love what we do, and we’d love you to join us.
We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We strongly encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, gender-nonconforming people, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and multilingual individuals.
We offer competitive salary and benefits—and we hope to hear from you on or before November 4, 2019.
Apply here: https://workable.com/j/E890CEFB4C.