Publish books that change the world.
Chelsea Green—an employee-owned, mission-driven book publisher—is looking for a creative, book-loving, savvy Digital Marketing Specialist who can balance both data and creativity.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for executing marketing initiatives that will increase e-commerce revenue, customer acquisition, and engagement. This is a "roll up your sleeve" opportunity to jump in and create, execute and evaluate digital marketing strategies and initiatives.
- Develop and lead the content strategy/editorial calendar for the Chelsea Green blog
- Research topics for creative content using online research techniques
- Write and post relevant content to optimize user engagement and drive conversions
- Complete simple graphic design work in support of content marketing efforts
- Oversee overarching social media strategy and provide recommendations, feedback, and assistance
- Lead Facebook marketing strategies including content planning, posting, channel management, and analytics reporting
- Plan and execute social media campaigns (giveaways, webinars, take-overs, etc.) working with organizational and influencer partners
- Work with the marketing team to create promotional materials supporting social media campaigns and author promotional plans
- Provide feedback and recommendations to authors (as needed) on social media and digital presence
- Create comprehensive reports on all strategies (social media audits, blog reviews, partnership programs, etc.) to develop actionable recommendations for ongoing digital marketing success
- Assist with the identification of potential website improvements and help to resolve quickly
- Make recommendations regarding digital technologies that drive online sales revenue, enhance customer experience and engagement
- Monitor emerging and existing trends, applications, and best practices in SEO, social media and other digital marketing strategies
- Assist Director of Digital Development with oversight and management of digital marketing interns, as needed
- Update Chelsea Green content on other platforms, as needed, such as Scribd, YouTube, affiliate sales program, etc.
We want you to join our passionate team if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of two years of professional experience
- Hands-on expertise in content development, social channels, and e-mail marketing
- Experience with e-commerce and digital marketing platforms
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (CMS) (Wordpress, Beaver Builder, and WooCommerce is a plus)
- Working knowledge of reporting platforms such as Google Analytics, PPC, MailChimp, and social media platforms.
- Working knowledge of HTML and Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to generate creative ideas, coupled with sound editorial judgment
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Self-directed, driven, and enthusiastic
- Works independently and as part of a team
- Love for writing, attention to detail and sense of humor
A competitive salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include Employee Stock Option Plan (employee-owned company), healthcare, paid vacation, employer contribution to a retirement plan, culture for growth, a career with purpose in a fun and dynamic work environment. Full-time salaried exempt position, based in Burlington, Vermont with an average of two days a week in the White River Junction office.
Reports to: Director of Digital Development
To apply: To submit your application, send resume and cover letter to Gretchen Kruesi at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Founded in 1984, Chelsea Green Publishing is recognized as the leading publisher of books on the politics and practice of sustainable living. For over 30 years, Chelsea Green has been the go-to publisher for people seeking foundational books on the politics and practice of sustainable living, including organic gardening and agriculture, renewable energy, green building, eco-cuisine, and ethical business. In 2012, we decided to practice what we publish and became employee-owned. We are a founding member of the Green Press Initiative and have been printing books on recycled paper since 1985 when our first list of books went on sale. We print our books on paper that consists of a minimum of 30 percent post-consumer waste and aim for 100 percent whenever possible. We also don’t print our books overseas, but rather use domestic printers to keep our shipping costs (and impact on the environment) at a minimum.