The AAWW seeks a Digital Communications Manager - a talented and committed digital professional who will be responsible for creating and implementing the Workshop's digital presence, including oversight of the website and social media channels. This position will report to the Executive Director.
- Develop, oversee, and implement AAWW's overarching digital communications strategy, ensuring that all the Workshop's virtual presence aligns with organizational vision and mission.
- Oversee day to day operations for AAWW's digital strategy, including but not limited to: developing and executing a robust and dynamic digital calendar; regular website maintenance; social media updates (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn); and producing regular e-newsletters.
- Manage and motivate staff to establish systems of communication and workflow needed to ensure efficient and innovative digital efforts. As primary supervisor for digital team, responsibilities include ensuring success in creating and executing programming; sharing professional development opportunities as needed; and providing annual performance evaluations.
- Collaborate with colleagues on digital initiatives and campaigns.
- Generate new ideas to increase audience engagement including but not limited to: managing the day-to-day of social media advertising and Google AdWords; increasing traffic to and SEO of our website and online magazine; and regularly creating original content, including monthly e-newsletters and social posts, in the AAWW voice.
- Coordinate with off-site web developer as needed.
- Designed graphics, films, etc. as required.
- Other tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3–5 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience managing and executing social media strategy that builds an engages and expanding audience
- Demonstrated experience increasing overall traffic to and SEO of a website
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills
- Basic HTML proficiency
- Proficiency in WordPress
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and AdWords
- Knowledge of design software (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) preferred
- Flexible, creative team player willing to step into whatever is required to get the job done
Salary is commensurate with experience. The AAWW offers a strong benefits package including a generous vacation policy and fully-covered health insurance. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will temporarily be a remote position as the AAWW staff continues to telecommute.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following subject line: FULL NAME - Digital Communications Manager.