Greater Baybrook Alliance (GBA) is a community development organization whose mission is to engage and empower stakeholders across Baltimore City and Anne Arundel County to revitalize the Greater Baybrook Peninsula, including Brooklyn, Brooklyn Park and Curtis Bay- through investment, collaboration, and advocacy. GBA directly implements community development initiatives or builds partnerships to carry out those activities. Activities include housing and commercial revitalization, affordable housing development, beautification programs, public safety initiatives, and projects or programs to improve residents’ quality of life.
The Development and Communications Associate/Manager is a new role in the Greater Baybrook Alliance team. The Associate/Manager will collaborate with all members of the GBA team to support a strong fundraising and communications program, including grant proposal writing and management, fundraising at the individual, foundation and corporate levels, and organizing events. The Associate/Manager will lift the voice of GBA through our website, newsletter, social media, and other marketing opportunities. The position may be an Associate or Manager depending on the candidate's experience.
Grant writing and management (50%)
- Prepare proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Determine proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Maintain and update grant documents, funding calendars, and grant tracking and reporting.
- Write draft to final proposals, including executive summary, project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, evaluation, conclusion and organizational credentials.
- Collect and manage data for grant deliverables/reporting.
- Produce interim and final reports for funders and ensure proper and timely filing.
- Implement marketing and communication strategy for GBA.
- Create social media content for various platforms and increase engagement with audiences.
- Publish monthly electronic newsletter.
- Develop marketing campaigns for GBA programs, events, and initiatives.
- Manage and maintain all online platforms, including social media and website.
- Write, edit, and/or proofread content.
- Design online and print graphics, including infographics, social media visuals, etc.
- Synthesize monthly/quarterly analytic reports on metrics to identify and track reach, engagement, and retention, in order to inform and guide best practices and improve digital strategy and direction.
- Establish and maintain relationships with foundations and corporate donors.
- Maintain fundraising database, track donor interactions, and generate reports to assist with identifying successful fundraising strategies.
- Process gifts and draft acknowledgment letters.
- Design and execute mid-year, year-end, and special campaign appeals.
- Develop and execute corporate fundraising strategy and create new ways to engage corporate donors in GBA’s work. Prepare materials describing sponsorship opportunities.
- Lead the planning and execution of fundraising events.
- Create strong fundraising messaging that appeals to potential sponsors.
- Conduct outreach to existing and potential donors and partners around event sponsorship and ensure delivery of sponsorship benefits.
- Ensure that all legal reporting requirements are satisfied.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum bachelor’s degree with 2 -5 years experience working in the nonprofit sector, fundraising experience preferred;
- Previous success with grant writing and management; experience with government grants strongly preferred;
- Exceptional writing skills, strong organizational and verbal communication skills;
- A self-starter who is comfortable developing administrative systems and coordinating activities with staff, Board, and volunteers;
- A highly-motivated, detail-oriented, multi-tasker with a can-do attitude and the ability to work collaboratively with a small team;
- Proficient in G-Suite, including Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Calendar; experience with fundraising/CRM databases is a plus;
- Experience running social media channels, managing and scheduling content, publishing Facebook ads, engaging audiences, and analyzing results;
- Ability to solve problems and be self-directed, anticipating opportunities and challenges before they arise and proactively tackling those issues with minimal supervision; exercise considerable initiative, discretion and judgment in executing the functions of the job;
WORK SCHEDULE & LOCATION
This is a full time position. GBA staff are temporarily working remotely due to covid19 restrictions. Once normal operations resume, the position will require full time presence in the office.
The range is $40,000 - $50,000. Salary and benefits are reflective of the candidate's qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants should submit (1) cover letter; (2) resume; (3) writing sample, and (4) graphics sample to Meredith Chaiken, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Development and Communications Associate in the subject line.