Creative Writing Instructor for Children in Suburban New Jersey
The Writers Circle is looking for published authors to teach the joy of the creative writing process to young people in Summit or South Orange, New Jersey.
If you are a motivated self-starter who loves kids and wants to nurture young writers, we’d love to hear from you. Our instructors are experts at recognizing the good in every student’s writing and finding ways to bring it to its own best level. We are not looking for classroom teachers, but rather experienced writers who can teach.
· Published by a traditional press, small press, or in recognized magazines or literary journals.
· Love and enthusiasm for writing and a desire to teach students the creative process.
· Excellent communication, organizational skills, and reliability.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to interact in a nurturing, supportive way with students, parents, and peers.
· For children’s instructors, a playful, interactive approach is required.
All TWC work is part-time, from one to several classes a week, depending on your interest and availability. A per-session commitment is required.
As TWC offers enrichment classes for children and adults, most classes take place during non-traditional work hours, giving you lots of time for your own writing. Best of all, you’ll be working as a writer, sharing your experiences, and helping other writers grow.
Please send a cover letter, your writing resumé, along with writing samples (no longer than 10 pages or an online sample or link), to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “TWC Instructor Inquiry” in the subject line.