The Creative Copywriter is responsible for developing marketing collateral across various channels for the Office of University Marketing and Communications. The position creates work that is aligned with University’s brand strategy, voice, and personality to achieve the University’s marketing goals, with a strong emphasis on writing for email marketing and other digital communications. Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Marketing & Digital Strategy, the Creative Copywriter will conceptualize, develop, and write original content as well as edit copy written by others that aligns with University brand messaging, voice, and tone. They will also assist with tracking, distributing, and analyzing content performance. This position is expected to produce marketing-related communications across multiple media channels that are written clearly, effectively, error-free, and in line with University brand standards. Audiences may include prospective students, parents, alumni, donors, current students, faculty, and staff. The ideal candidate will develop eye-catching headlines, email copy, and digital ad copy resulting in higher rates of engagement among diverse populations. The Creative Copywriter will gather information by interviewing subject matter experts as well as through secondary research, and write/edit communications while infusing college and university messaging and use marketing knowledge to position content to best tell the story, communicate information, and market the University, and its offerings.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, creative writing, advertising, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience as a copywriter, in-house or in a creative agency setting.
- Portfolio containing finished professional pieces as well as conceptual work.
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience:
- Experience working on multimedia, multi-channeled campaigns for notable brands and
- Keen understanding of target audiences, including generational nuances and trends.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to receive and assimilate critical
- feedback while adhering to deadlines and production schedules.
- An ability (as demonstrated through portfolio) to leverage an understanding of higher education,
- audience behavior and emerging cultural trends to push creative boundaries.
The Rider University community is composed of faculty, staff and students from a wide range of cultural backgrounds.
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University has been included as one of the nation’s best universities by US News & World Report and remained in the top tier in the Regional Universities – North category. Additionally, The Princeton Review named Rider among its “Best 387 Colleges” in the nation. Both publications have ranked the University favorably in their respective surveys for more than a decade.
To apply for position no. 600083, please visit RiderHires at https://rider.peopleadmin.com/postings/7616
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.