Benefits: Health; Dental; 401k
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Quirk Books, an independent book publisher based in Philadelphia, is seeking a Contracts Coordinator to draft, negotiate, and finalize agreements with authors, illustrators, licensors, and licensees across Quirk’s list.
- Receive and review deal memos from multiple departments.
- Draft, negotiate, and approve for signature all book publication contracts and amendments.
- Keep abreast of industry and agency-specific standards and make recommendations during the negotiation process.
- Consult on other contracts-related matters.
- Track contract statuses in a database.
- 5 or more years of publishing contracts and/or legal experience.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Strong ability to self-organize and prioritize in a time-sensitive environment.
- Located in the Philadelphia area or able to commute to Philadelphia 2–3 times per month or as needed.
Special Instructions: To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to hrcontracts (at) quirkbooks.com. No phone calls, please.
Quirk Books is headquartered on a charming cobblestone street in the historic Old City district of Philadelphia. Quirk publishes 25–35 strikingly unconventional books per year, and every title is a labor of love born out of passions and obsessions. Always looking to set the next trend, Quirk delivers books and stories that are bold, unprecedented, beautifully designed, and affordable. Some of Quirk’s popular titles include Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, The Last Policeman, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Geekerella, William Shakespeare’s Star Wars, Hope Never Dies, and the Pop Classics series. Quirk’s books are distributed worldwide by Penguin Random House.