We’re looking for a thoughtful and curious Contract (possibly to permanent) Junior Copywriter to join our in-house creative team. They’ll make their mark on our growing company by writing on-brand copy across all our consumer-facing channels—including product descriptions, emails, social, and answering the call when a word wizard is needed to help with something unexpected.
You love words and you’re into all things writing and editing. You understand the importance of brand voice and sticking to a style guide. You’re organized, deadline-driven, and know when to be nimble. You love collaborating to solve problems, finding new ways to make work fun, and being a part of a team. You believe creativity can be injected into everything….maybe you just can’t help but inject creativity into everything. You seek out opportunities to learn and grow. Oh, and you have tons of ideas.
UncommonGoods offers remarkable designs by independent makers, and we do it with a positive impact on people and our planet. Learn more about our products, B Corp certification, Better To Give program, and cool team members you might be working with. Check out more about all the Good Stuff we do at UncommonGoods!
- Write engaging, on-brand copy across all channels
- Maintain high standards for writing, proofreading, and fact-checking
- Provide additional support for the Copy team
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience copywriting in-house, freelance, or agency (or you don’t, but your writing samples will blow us away)
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, creative writing, advertising, or similar field (or you don’t—see above)
- Able to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working cross-departmentally on projects a plus
- Familiarity with our company, voice, aesthetic, and values a plus
- Experience with CMS and Adobe Suite a plus
- Competitive salary
- Casual work atmosphere, company snacks, lunches, and team events
- 40% discount on our products
Follow this link to apply through Greenhouse: https://grnh.se/69a45f861
To apply, please submit:
- Cover letter
- Examples of your writing and/or link to your portfolio