Location: San Francisco, CA
Narrative magazine seeks a motivated, outgoing, team-oriented applicant with a background in publishing and/or web management for the position of Content Coordinator. The Content Coordinator will work directly with the magazine’s editors and art director in planning and executing the magazine’s weekly presentation online and via e-mail. The Content Coordinator will be responsible for creating and programming the magazine’s e-mail communication and will be the point of contact for authors, agents, and publishing houses with work in the magazine. The role requires excellent organizational and written communication skills.
Experience in marketing is a plus.
Must be proficient in Adobe Dreamweaver (HTML) and Photoshop.
- Manage all aspects of website, including home page, banners, ads, story pages, and special purpose pages, using Content Management System (CMS)
- Create e-mails communication in HTML in relation to weekly website updates, advertising, special events, and fund-raising drives
- Develop strategic plan for acquiring advertisements for online and email, and strengthen relationships with existing and potential advertisers
- Communicate with authors, agents, and publishers throughout the publication process
- Plan and design promotional images for the website and e-mail
- Write and negotiate agreements for new content for the magazine
- Respond to queries from readers and provide technical support
A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2003, Narrative is dedicated to advancing literary arts in the digital age by supporting the finest writing talent and encouraging readership across generations, in schools, and around the globe. Our online library of new literature by celebrated authors and by the best new and emerging writers is available for free.
From its inception as the first and foremost digital literary periodical, Narrative has seen new media as the opportunity to extend the audiences for literature and to create a continuity with the best literary values of the past.
Sometimes referred to as the PBS of literature, Narrative is free for all readers, but we pay our contributors well. Narrative publishes 300 poets, writers, and artists each year and reaches readers young and old in schools and homes around the globe.
Visit us at www.NarrativeMagazine.com.
To apply, please send a cover letter stating your interest and a resume to: email@example.com.