Radish Fiction, a mobile app for serialized fiction, seeks a Content Acquisitions Assistant. Radish is a quickly growing company that distributes and produces fiction in bite-sized episodes for an audience who reads primarily on their phones.
The Content Acqusitions Assistant will help the team identify valuable content for the app, prospect potential acquisitions, review submissions, edit stories for format (cliffhangers, hooks, chapter breaks, etc.), upload content, draft agreements, send pitches, negotiate content, and other day to day tasks.
This is a full-time (40 hours/week) hourly paid contract position with the potential to turn into a full-time staff position. We are hiring anywhere in the United States, as our team is working remotely for the time being. Our Content office is in New York, so there is an opportunity to relocate to New York in the future.
- Researching and reading content for potential acquisitions
- Providing notes, summaries, reviews, and feedback on reading matieral for the Acquisitions team
- Maintaining spreadsheets to track reviewed content
- Researching and identifying concepts, tropes, genres, and subgenres on other platforms, sites, apps, and the general publishing market
- Editing manuscripts to ensure optimal pace, chapter breaks, and length
- Occasionally editing manuscripts for grammar and spelling mistakes
- Uploading manuscripts onto the Radish platform
- Other projects as needed
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Strong reading skills and the ability to identify valuable voices for Radish readers
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Interest in genre fiction (romance, fantasy, YA, thriller, historical, etc.)
- Problem solving skills
- Interest in editorial, publishing, or creative writing
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to perform tasks both big and small, as well as motivation to learn new things
- Be detail-oriented and reliable
- Responsibility and discipline to work from home
- Must be able to start immediately
- Staying up to date with commercial fiction, movies, TV, pop culture, etc.
Not required, but helpful:
- Experience using Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- General interest in storytelling, publishing, media, pop culture, and technology
- Experience in publishing
- Strong numbers and analytic skills
- Knowledge of storytelling trends in traditional and non-traditional avenues
- Experience of knowledge of the Romance market
If you're interested in this position, send a PDF of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We highly encourage you to download our app and read a couple of stories before reaching out.
At Radish Fiction, we value each employee's unique worldview and experience and are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion. As a global company headquartered in New York and Seoul, we seek talented employees with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences to support our creativity and to tell stories for all readers.