The Lewis Center for the Arts (LCA) is seeking an enthusiastic and highly organized individual with excellent administrative skills to join an active team effort to promote the work of the Center.
The Lewis Center is the academic unit of the University comprised of the programs in creative writing, dance, music theater, theater, visual arts and the Princeton Atelier offering more than 75 courses each semester and presenting more than 130 public events each year.
The LCA is a home for artists, educators, staff, scholars, students, audiences and those who embrace, embody, and nurture an expansive vision of art. We believe that art as a practice generates, significantly clarifies, and shares human experience and should not be a matter of luxury and privilege. Since creating and engaging in art is greatly enhanced by equitable participation, we believe diversity is a foundational value.
Reporting to the LCA's Director of Communications, this position plays a key role within the communications team in carrying out a range of administrative and operational responsibilities that support the overall work of the office.
Financial and Office Support:
- Establish annual office operating budget with Director of Communications and Finance Manager.
- Maintain records for all publicity budgets including six Program accounts and communications operational accounts.
- Process all invoices; track expenses; conduct monthly and annual reconciliations
- Purchase/maintain services, supplies and equipment for the Lewis Center communications office
Photography Assets & Coordination:
- Schedule all photographers – freelance, staff and student employees – and coordinate logistics and assignments for photo shoots for a wide variety of events and performances.
- Coordinate receipt of photo assets from photographers and follow an archival protocol for naming, tagging and filing images.
- Coordinate the sending, collection and filing of photo and video recording release forms from subjects
- Research/secure license or permission for use of copyrighted images when occasionally needed
- Reserve print and online advertising placements
- Communicate and coordinate artwork deadlines to/with relevant staff and confirm submission by deadlines
- Monitor changes, confirm placements, process and pay invoices for all advertising activity
- Negotiate rates with vendors
- Recruit and coordinate a team of student employees to manage a robust campus/town postering function
- Distribute posters in a timely manner when student employees are not available
Other miscellaneous administrative duties as assigned
Essential qualifications include:
- High school diploma
- Minimum one year in an administrative or operational support position
- Solid accounting skills including budget monitoring and reporting
- Excellent organizational skills
- Careful attention to detail
- Ability to coordinate multiple, changing priorities and to meet deadlines
- Adept at Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, and ability to learn systems and software programs
- Experience with or ability to learn processes and systems related to digital assets management
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to travel around campus, carry posters and supplies (up to 20 lbs.) from location to location, and reach posting locations
- Ability to work well in a service-oriented, dynamic team environment with faculty, staff and students
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and students from diverse backgrounds and to support an inclusive and welcoming environment
- Bachelor's degree
- Interest in and passion for the arts
- Experience working in the higher education, nonprofit and/or cultural sectors
- Media trafficking coordination skills with experience in placing advertising in a range of media
- Experience using CONCUR and/or Princeton PRIME
- Experience handling photo assets and working with photographers; photographic skills a plus
- Basic skills in communications writing, graphic design, or video production also a plus
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/7eLAgRuQJQA7...