The National Book Foundation is seeking an experienced communications and marketing professional to join a small, passionate team of book lovers who run year-round public and educational programs in addition to the annual National Book Awards. The Communications and Marketing Manager will report directly to the Foundation’s Executive Director to strategize and execute all efforts related to marketing and publicity. This is a full-time position based in New York, though may begin remotely as needed during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Areas of Responsibility
- Plan and execute a wide range of internal and external communications, including but not limited to team updates, press releases, newsletters, physical and digital marketing materials, social media posts, and event materials
- With the Executive Director, create and sustain a consistent and appealing brand across social media, press relations, and marketing efforts
- Serve as main contact for all press inquiries and coverage regarding the National Book Awards as well as the Foundation’s other public and educational programs
- Operate as a key member in the conceptualizing, planning, and execution of the annual National Book Awards
- Maintain all of the Foundation’s social media channels, including planning digital campaigns, responding to native platform analytics, and, through the active cultivation of brand and voice identity, encouraging broad engagement across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr to organically grow the significant NBF online following
- Create and share public-facing updates in the form of a monthly newsletter that informs subscribers of Foundation activities and encourages participation in location-specific events and a broader online conversation
- Maintain and grow the Foundation’s newsletter audience through event appeals, special promotions, etc.
- With the Public Programs Manager, plan local outreach around NBF Presents events across the country, including the creation of digital and physical event assets, reaching out to local organizations able to amplify messaging, and working with local partners’ communications teams to maximize awareness
- Plan and create paid advertisements for the Foundation’s expanding public programs, targeting key demographics to encourage awareness of and attendance at NBF events
- Work with the Foundation’s Director of Technology to update and maintain the NBF website
- Strategize and execute a variety of press-focused announcements related to the Foundation’s programmatic work, including the creation and dissemination of press releases and working with local media for promotion and coverage of events
- Research, update, and maintain contact lists for press, social media users, newsletter recipients, and partner organizations
- Pitch media outlets for coverage of the Foundation’s public and educational programs to raise awareness around initiatives
- Handle the logistics of NBF press coverage, including responding to press requests, providing NBF assets, and working with the Executive Director to provide timely and thoughtful responses to interview requests
National Book Awards
- With the Associate Director, Awards and Executive Director, spearhead the coordination and creation of a range of marketing materials for the annual National Book Awards, including invitations, event signage, programs, promotional video, and other materials
- Work with the Foundation’s partners to plan and execute sophisticated, co-branded activations around the National Book Awards
- Gather and fact check info on authors, awards, and organizations for all public announcements surrounding the National Book Awards
- With the Executive Director, strategize and execute press-focused announcements related to the National Book Awards, including coordinating media exclusives and the creation and dissemination of press releases
- Pitch a wide variety of media outlets for coverage of the National Book Awards and other Awards-related events and announcements, including confirming coverage of the Longlists, Finalists, and other NBA announcements, and fielding interview and asset requests
- Invite and coordinate attendance for all press and photographers for the National Book Awards Ceremony, oversee red carpet along with various aspects of the proceedings to ensure a seamless event
- Attend and help run all events taking place during National Book Awards week (e.g., Medal Ceremony, Finalists Reading, Teen Press Conference, National Book Awards Ceremony)
The successful candidate will have at least 2–3 years of experience in marketing or publicity roles, preferably in publishing; excellent communication skills, including strong writing, editing, and copyediting skills with a meticulous attention to detail; ability to balance multiple projects, work efficiently under time-specific deadlines, and problem solve effectively in a fast-paced environment; experience working with press contacts in traditional and new media; experience with event production preferred; experience with WordPress preferred; experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop a big plus; and a patient, flexible, kind, and collaborative spirit.
Compensation: This is a full-time exempt position with a benefits package including paid time off, health care, and other benefits. Salary is $55,000-60,000 depending on experience.
To Apply for the Position: Send resume and cover letter as PDFs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Communications and Marketing Manager. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Position begins in summer 2021. No phone calls.
The National Book Foundation is committed to inclusivity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, nationality, marital status, parental status, military service, or disability.