Join Interlochen Arts Camp as our Comics and Graphic Narratives Institute Instructor. This position will provide instruction for the one-week intensive High School Comic and Graphic Narratives Institute to students at both the exploratory and advanced levels. The dates of employment are 6/20/20–6/25/20. Housing and all meals are included with this position. To apply please go to our website: https://careers.interlochen.org/summerjobs .
- Minimum of 7 hours of studio instruction per day
- Coordinate a final reading/presentation and the printing logistics involved therein
- Coordinate studio set-up at the beginning of the Institute week and tear-down at the end
- Order and inventory supplies
- Monitor open studio hours
- Experience teaching Illustration, Comics, Graphic Narratives, Writing, Drawing, or other areas of visual arts and/or writing is preferred
- Candidates must have their MFA or MA, or equal related experience
- An ideal candidate will have published a work of graphic text for which they were a contributing illustrator, or be a regular illustrator for an online venue
- Candidates without visual art publications, but with a background in narrative and an interest in visual forms, will be considered
- Knowledge of the Adobe Suite is essential
Interlochen Arts Camp enrolls nearly 2500 students, of which 8% are international, and over 25% are racial/ethnic minorities. Interlochen is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and strongly encourages applications from women, racial/ethnic minorities, and other individuals from underrepresented groups.