Magnusson-Skor Publishing serves as the premier partner of small business entrepreneurs seeking a platform to promote their thought leadership. It brings over a decade of experience helping prominent business leaders package and promote their point of view through best-selling books, keynote speeches, online media, or other outlets.
Magnusson-Skor Publishing seeks a talented business journalist to join its growing team. This position works out of the Denver office and focuses primarily on developing non-fiction books promoting the thought leadership of prominent business leaders. As part of this responsibility, the business journalist performs extensive research, conducts interviews with senior executives, and translates often complex information into a clear, compelling narrative that showcases the point of view of business leaders. The business journalist completes book projects from start to finish and juggles multiple projects at a time. The position requires the ability to work independently and collaboratively to meet changing priorities and deadlines. The business journalist demonstrates creativity, while adhering to the company’s established, reliable processes. The business journalist combines exceptional journalism and narrative writing skills to produce work efficiently, reliably, and consistently. The position is also responsible for developing other materials, including case studies, white papers, and articles.
- Proven excellence in writing long-form and short-form prose with minimal supervision
- Solid understanding of writing conventions, standards, and techniques
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Strong investigative, interviewing, and reporting skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities with short notice
- Ability to work effectively with professionals from all levels of an organization
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to quickly learn in-house styles, standards, and conventions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Minimum 3 years of professional writing experience. Proven experience producing exceptional work under tight timelines. Journalism experience preferred. Healthcare experience preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience. B.A. in Journalism or English preferred.