Full-time, 12-month, Exempt Position.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Enrollment Management and Marketing, the Associate Director of Communications and Publications Editor is a member of the University communications team. The Associate Director should be able to work independently and collaboratively to create branded digital and print materials that support the University’s enrollment and advancement goals.
Benefits: As an institution of higher education, Capitol offers the unique benefit of tuition remission for qualified full-time staff and dependents to pursue Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees at the University following ninety days of employment. In addition, the University offers a full benefits package with subsidized health insurance and a generous 403(b) contribution following one full year of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are primary duties:
- Work collaboratively with enrollment management team, advancement team, and faculty to generate ideas for communications strategies
- Develop and monitor project schedule for website spotlights, social media posts, and University blog
- Work with contractors and consultants on execution of marketing plan
- Regularly write, design, and edit high quality communication materials delivered to varied audiences through a variety of means
- Design and deliver monthly e-newsletters to University constituents
- Edit, review, and produce University student publications to include catalog and student handbook
- Research and propose advertising opportunities to supplement contractor and consultants plan
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum three years’ experience in communications, preferably in an academic environment
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in marketing, communications, digital communications, or similar strongly preferred
There are limited physical demands; however, this position requires sitting occasionally for extended periods of time, repetitive motions for tasks such as operating a computer mouse and keyboard, and hearing and speaking on the telephone. The candidate must be able to lift, pull, bend, grasp, and occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
E-mail your resume to email@example.com for consideration.