Full-time 12-month, Exempt Position
Reporting to the SVP for Enrollment Management and Marketing, the Associate Director of Communications is a member of the University communications team. The Associate Director should be able to work independently and collaboratively to create branded digital and print materials that support the University’s enrollment and advancement goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are primary duties:
- Develop graphic designs in support of a broad range of branded digital and printed materials
- Develop digital templates to be used across the university (web and e-mail)
- Assist in development of content for web and print materials
- Assist the communications team in updating, maintenance, and archiving of visual assets
- Assist communications team in website updates
- Assist the communications team with photography of University events and general photography around campus
- Develop design and layout of the University magazine, the Capitol Chronicle (twice annually)
- Execute the University social media plan by ensuring a minimum of five (5) updates per week
- Participate in weekly collaboration meetings with marketing partner
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, alumni, and students to promote University programs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- One to three years of hands-on design experience
- Ability to create artwork and graphics using Adobe products
- Photography skills; ability to take visually compelling photos; understanding of cameras, lenses, and other equipment
- Ability to apply photo editing/retouching techniques using Photoshop, including color and lighting adjustment, blending, layering, and masking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to develop written content for different communications platforms
- Working knowledge of social media, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter as well as the use of web content management systems to enter and update online content
- A degree in graphic design, communications, digital communications, or similar discipline strongly preferred
There are limited physical demands; however, this position requires sitting occasionally for extended periods of time, and repetitive motions for tasks such as operating a computer mouse and keyboard, and hearing and speaking on the telephone. The candidate must be able to pull, bend, grasp, and occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
For more information, visit www.captechu.edu.