The Department of English at Kennesaw State University invites applications for a nine-month tenure-track Assistant Professor of Screenwriting position which begins August 2020.
Interested candidates should have significant professional (credited) experience writing for film and/or television, and a promising creative agenda. Additional experience or expertise in at least one of the following support areas also preferred: playwriting, writing for documentaries, shortform, animation, video games, digital, immersive and/or other forms of emerging and multiplatform media. Responsibilities include:
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate screenwriting courses (and possibly courses focusing on the candidate’s secondary area of expertise) on a 3/3 load;
- Contributing to the service efforts of the department, university, profession, and community;
- Producing quality and significant discipline-specific creative/research activities.
A commitment to excellence in teaching, complemented by strong scholarship and engagement is expected of all faculty members in KSU’s College of Humanities and Social Sciences. Faculty in the department teach in a variety of modalities, including face-to-face, hybrid, and online.
- M.F.A. in Screenwriting or closely related field, its foreign equivalent, or its equivalent in training, ability, and/or experience;
- Professional experience writing for film and/or television and a promising research/creative agenda;
- A record of teaching excellence at the university or college level with students from diverse and inclusive backgrounds preferred;
- Experience in at least one of the following secondary support areas also preferred: playwriting, writing for documentaries, short-form, animation, video games, digital, immersive and/or other forms of emerging and multi-platform media.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. Offering campuses in Marietta and Kennesaw, the university is located just north of Atlanta and combines a suburban setting with access to one of the country’s most
dynamic cities. As Georgia’s third-largest university, Kennesaw State offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs.
Designated by the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia as a comprehensive university, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit https://facultyjobs.kennesaw.edu.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.