Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a nine-month, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Screen and TV Writing in the Department of English to begin August 2023.
A commitment to excellence in teaching, complemented by strong scholarship, engagement, and service is expected of all faculty members in KSU’s Radow College of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in screenwriting, other areas relevant to the candidate’s expertise, and General Education as needed on a 3/2 teaching load in face-to-face, hybrid, and online modalities;
- Producing quality and significant discipline-specific research/scholarly/creative activities;
- Contributing to the service efforts of the department, university, profession, and community;
- Supporting the professional interests and experiences of students through high-impact practices.
Teaching assignments will be based on earned degrees and SACSCOC Faculty Credentials Guidelines.
A terminal degree (MFA or Ph.D.), or its foreign equivalent, in Screenwriting or a related field is required.
Preferred Qualifications Include
- Significant ongoing professional experience writing for film and/or television and a promising creative agenda.
- Additional experience or expertise in at least one of the following support areas: playwriting, writing for documentaries, short-form, animation, video games, digital, immersive and/or other forms of emerging and multi-platform media.
- Demonstrated teaching effectiveness.
KSU’s student population is as diverse as the population of the Atlanta metro area and includes a high proportion of traditionally underrepresented groups and first-generation college students. We prefer candidates who share the Department of English’s explicit commitment to teaching diverse communities and our belief that our diversity is our strength. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php. Search for Job ID 251079.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia’s largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.