Position Title: Assistant Professor of English, Creative Writing - Poetry
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Date of appointment: August 2018
Vacancies at SCSU are contingent on university budgets and funding.
Description: Fixed-term non-tenure-track position to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Creative Writing (Poetry). See http://www.stcloudstate.edu/english for more information on courses and programs.
The successful candidate will teach up to twenty-four credits in the following areas: beginning and advanced creative writing poetry classes; first-year composition; specialized courses in his or her area(s) of expertise. Additional ability to teach fiction or creative nonfiction preferred. She or he will also participate in advising, assessment, and committee work.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignment effectively; 2) conduct scholarly achievement or research; 3) continue preparation and study in discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B)
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://minnstate.edu/system/working/docs/contracts/2015-2017_IFO_Contract.pdf
Qualifications and experience:
- MFA or doctorate in Creative Writing at the time of application
- Evidence of creative achievement, including at least one poetry book with a nationally-recognized publisher, university press, or small literary press
- Demonstrated teaching experience in undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Expertise in use of digital technologies in the classroom
- Online teaching experience
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm
Application Review begins March 12, 2018; position is open until filled.
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application will include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- One-page Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- 5 – 10 page sample of creative work
- Contact information for three (3) current, professional references
- Copies of transcript(s) (undergraduate/graduate); if advanced to final round, official transcripts will be required.
NOTE: Each required document must be uploaded for your application to be considered.
St. Cloud State University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or status as a U.S. veteran. The Title IX coordinator at SCSU is Dr. Ellyn Bartges. For additional information, contact the Office of Institutional Equity & Access, (320) 308-5123, Admin. Services Bldg. Rm 102.