Part time position – 20 to 25 hours per week - begins January 3, 2018
Salary – Competitive
Location – Beacon, New York
Wernick & Pratt Agency, LLC is a leading literary agency specializing in children’s book publishing. We represent numerous award-winning, well-established authors and illustrators, as well as new and emerging talent. We actively pursue the sale of subsidiary rights, including the sale of foreign translation, merchandising, and motion picture/television rights.
We are seeking someone to assist in all administrative aspects within our small home-office-based environment. The person needs to have strong verbal and written communication skills, be detail oriented, and be able to multi-task and meet deadlines, with and without supervision. Strong organizational skills, along with a proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel, and Adobe Acrobat, are essential. Knowledge of QuickBooks a plus.
We’re looking for a candidate with a bachelor’s degree and one to two years of prior work experience (book publishing a plus). We’re only accepting resumes from candidates who live within a 60-minute commute of Beacon, New York. Must love dogs.
Responsibilities will include general support in all aspects of the agency, such as:
- managing incoming and outgoing mail
- managing paper and electronic filing
- assisting in interactions with publishers and authors while learning about the publishing business
- tracking incoming manuscripts, galleys, finished copies, and foreign copies
- assisting in contract review, as well as tracking of contracts and payments
- reading and evaluating manuscripts
- assisting in royalty and accounting process, including entering information into data system
Please send cover letter with resume, references, and salary requirements to Marcia Wernick at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.