Position Title: Administrative Assistant/Writer
Number of Openings: 1
A New Start, is a 501(c)(3) Non-profit Organization that is engaged in programs in Health & Wellness, Creative Arts, Disability Awareness, Career Training, Education, Law & Justice, Financial Education, Entrepreneurship, and Accounting (to name a few).
Our aim to empower and equip society with solutions to societal issues in financial and social services.
The Administrative Assistant/Writer will provide support in our office, has enthusiasm when sharing ideas, takes and synthesizes critique, and has a can-do attitude and a passion for helping children explore and understand our fascinating world.
- Researching data similar to what a journalist would do, doing online research, recording the raw information and distilling the key insights from scientific journals and on other scholarly mediums
- Clerical work (phones, filing, etc.)
- Contact vendors via phone and email
- Manage Social Media websites
- You will create fresh, new and conceptual ideas for our projects
- Participate in creative briefings and decipher the needs of assignment.
- Be prompt – delivering projects according to timelines and deadlines.
- Offer refined and well-written creative materials for all presentations
- Master different brand voices and styles.
- Competency in ideating in the digital and social space.
- Experience presenting to all levels for creative presentations and be proficient in presentation software (PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google Slides). Knowledge of Grammarly a plus.
- Strong ear for music.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Kind attitude and solid work ethic (we do not like to micro-manage here)
- Administrative and writing experience necessary and a willingness to learn.
- Have a clear, concise, and informative writing style.
- No required but, helpful, are any foreign languages such as Spanish or other languages, are a plus.
- An associates or Bachelors degree in Advertising, English, Journalism, or any other related writing discipline.
Work Schedule (Subject to change):
- Flexible scheduling and may include weekends
- $30,000 annual salary + bonuses
Some travel may be necessary for community outreach events.
Questions? Contact Santi at 305 891 6778 or email@example.com