SUNY Cobleskill is seeking qualified Adjunct Instructors to teach sections of freshman-level English in ENGL 100 (Introduction to College Writing) and ENGL 101 (Composition I).
ENGL 100—This course is a skills-based preparatory course for ENGL 101-Composition I. It is a credit-bearing, college-level course that focuses on reading comprehension, working effectively with texts, introducing college-level research practices, and improving writing skills at the sentence, paragraph, and paper level.
ENGL 101—In this composition course, students will write personal essays developing a point or an idea with evidence drawn from their own lives and academic essays organized around an intellectual task, such as arguing in favor of an idea, comparing, defining, or analyzing.
- Master's degree in English or a closely related field.
In addition to the aforementioned minimum qualifications, it is preferred the candidate also have:
- Experience teaching at the college level.
- The schedule for the course offerings are TBD. Courses could be offered at 10 a.m. MWF, 2 p.m. Tu/Th, or 9 a.m. MWF.
- The start date for this position is August 2019.
- This is a part-time, temporary position.
- The salary for this position is $834 per credit hour (each course is 3 credit hours).
- SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
About SUNY Cobleskill:
The State University of New York College of Agriculture and Technology at Cobleskill is an accredited polytechnic college that is primarily baccalaureate and residential. SUNY Cobleskill is one of few institutions in the United States where an undergraduate student may also choose to earn an associate degree. The College has an enrollment of approximately 2,500 students in 56 programs divided into two schools, Agriculture and Natural Resources; Business and Liberal Arts & Sciences. An economic engine for rural New York, SUNY Cobleskill is home to a wide array of extended learning and professional development opportunities.
Modeling experiential education, SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing small classes, excellent facilities, and a hands-on learning environment. Whether students plan to further their education or begin their professional careers, they graduate with the foundation to pursue their goals and to succeed.
SUNY Cobleskill is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, and ensuring equal educational and employment opportunity and access to services, programs and activities without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or any other legally protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation during the hiring process should contact the Human Resources Office at (518) 255-5514.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application review process will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is found. Priority is given to applications submitted by May 15.
Completed application consists of the following:
1. Letter of application, addressing qualifications, availability, position responsibilities, and college values
2. Current CV or Resume
3. Names, emails, and phone numbers of at least three professional references
To apply, visit: http://cobleskill.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=109403.