Feb 21, 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #181 of 462
Okay, so Iowa is my top choice, but it looks like it might take a while to hear anything definite, expecially if I end up on a waitlist. In the meantime, I've been accepted into one of the schools that was basically in the middle of my top 12 list. They've offered me a TAship, and I don't think I'd be unhappy to go there--it's just that it's not Iowa, and from what everyone says, if you get into Iowa, you have to go. So here's my question . . . what do I tell the school that has already accepted me? I know they want an answer asap, but I'd really like to at least find out whether Iowa accepts me or not before I give them an answer. I don't care as much about the other places where I applied, but I know I'd be depressed if I found out in March that I had been accepted at Iowa after I'd already committed myself to another school.
So, can I stall them? And, if so, how long can you stall them before they start to get pissed off?