Feb 26, 2010, 12:46 AM
Post #2850 of 2979
You too? UNCW is putting some pressure on me to decide regarding a TAship there, but I haven't even heard back from all schools, and Iowa doesn't have their funding info from the university yet, so I can't really decide until I have all my options. Not sure what to do about that. But you should know they cannot do that, as UNCW has signed an agreement not to require any student to decide until April. I wrote to U of Iowa regarding the UNCW pressure, and they told me this. It may be helpful in your case too:
Re: [rebarusset] Decision Deadlines
[In reply to]
"UNC is technically free to do whatever they want, even though they did in fact sign on to the agreement that says they won’t pressure students to make any choices before April 15. IF they pressure you to actually commit and sign a contract, that’s when if it were me, I’d send them a copy of the resolution (I’m attaching it here) and point out that UNC Wilmington has agreed to this, and that you’d prefer not to make a decision yet. I heard of several people getting early pressure from UNC Wilmington last year, so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if that happens.
Even if they offer you a contract, that doesn’t mean you have to accept it, and you should have the right to wait until 4/15 to make that decision."
I applied in Creative Nonfiction, and heard from U of Montana today with an acceptance per e-mail, also offering a TAship.
So, I have now heard from:
UC Riverside: Accepted
U of Iowa: Accepted (yay!)
Oregon State: Accepted
University of North Carolina Wilmington: Accepted
Ohio State: Waitlisted
U of Montana: Accepted
U of Georgia
San Jose State
Besides that, very excited, because I really had been thinking I would be lucky to get in even one program. never imagined this outcome.
(This post was edited by paligal on Feb 26, 2010, 12:53 AM)