Would you like to put your writing expertise to work at an Atlanta-based company considered a leader in its field? Would you like to contribute to the success of a growing education and training team that develops course content and study materials for textbooks and online courses for the insurance, retirement, and financial services industry? LOMA is looking for a Writer, Learning Content Development, with a minimum of 3 years experience, outstanding writing and editing skills, and strong analytical ability to join our team. LOMA, an international research and education association for the insurance, retirement, and financial services industry, serves the training and development needs of its 1,200 member companies with the design and delivery of high-quality self-study learning materials in nine languages. More than 40,000 individuals across the world enroll for our courses and programs as a part of their professional development. In this exciting and challenging role the Writer of Learning Content Development writes and edits college-level insurance, retirement, and financial services industry educational materials for a variety of LOMA-produced educational programs. The incumbent works as part of a process-oriented development team involved in creating textbooks, online content, and instructor-led training. Depending on the project, the incumbent may work with other internal writers and online developers, as well as subject-expert industry reviewers, consultants, and other external professionals.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- • Participate in research and analysis of subject fields related to LOMA educational programs and courses
- • Develop course objectives, learning objectives, and content outlines for courses
- • Write and edit curriculum materials (textbooks, study aids, online learning modules, instructor materials, etc.)
- • Work independently and in a team environment with other staff authors, industry experts, reviewers, and outside consultants in the development of original textbooks, online learning courses, instructor-led training courses, and other materials for LOMA
- • Provide input regarding the creative design of text-based courses or online content and proofread copy during the content production process Minimum requirements for the position include:
- • Outstanding writing and editing skills and analytical ability, as demonstrated on writing work sample
- • Excellent interpersonal skills including capacity to communicate effectively and tactfully with industry leaders and experts, representatives of LOMA member companies, LOMA committee members, and project team members
- • Excellent research skills
- • Knowledge of proofreading techniques and textual editing
- • Editorial and business experience preferred; work experience in the retirement, insurance and/or financial service industry a plus
- • Preference may be given to qualified candidates with experience or skills in one or more of the following areas: Course development/instructional design Completion of college-level business courses
- • Preference given to those who have successfully completed courses in LOMA’s professional designation programs
- • Excellent time management skills, organization skills, and attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple priorities
- • Solid computer skills including expertise in Word; experience in SharePoint, Adobe-Reader, and Excel a plus
It takes dedicated, hard-working people like you to provide the world’s largest association of life insurance and financial services companies’ quality education and training products. That’s why we offer rich, competitive benefits. And the best part is, the day you start is the day your medical/dental/life insurance/disability benefits, paid vacation, and various other benefits start. We also know how important work/life issues are today so we also provide competitive time off and an employee assistance program.
- • Your Health – Medical , Dental, Medical Flexible Spending Account, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability Supplemental Income Protection, Life Insurance, Wellness Program - EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY • (STD, LTD, Life – 100% paid by LOMA)
- • On-Site Health Club
- • Your Family – Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program and Referral Service, Family Medical Leave, Dependent Life Insurance, On-Site Childcare Facility in office park
- • Your Future – 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plans – Effective the first day of the month following your date of hire
- • Your Time – Vacation, Holidays, Floating Holidays, Sick Time – EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY • Your Finances – Credit Union, Company Sponsored Computer Loan Assistance Program, Complimentary Covered Parking
- • Your Education – Tuition Reimbursement Program, Professional Development Program, Company Sponsored Assistance for Professional Designations
- • Your Life – Flexible Work Schedules, We Have Fun at Work, Business Casual Dress Environment, Employee Recognition Program, We Celebrate Personal & Professional Milestones and Events AND SO MUCH MORE!!!
Our office is located in the Windy Hill/Powers Ferry area of Atlanta, near Marietta, in the Wildwood Office Park. We cannot offer relocation assistance to applicants. Please send a cover letter and resume to the contact information below. M/F, EOE.
Address: 2300 Windy Ridge Parkway, Suite 600, Atlanta, GA 30339
Reference Code: Writer
Visit us at www.loma.org .