Sign in or Register | Help | Contact Us

Advanced Search

Main Index » Writing and Publishing » MFA Programs
University of Kansas
You are not signed in. Click here to sign in.
If you are not a member, Register here!
135947 registered users

motet
Dana Davis / Moderator

Sep 22, 2009, 5:38 PM

Post #1 of 3 (4435 views)
Shortcut
University of Kansas Can't Post

This topic is for conversations about the MFA program at the University of Kansas.

"KU's newly established MFA program offers students tracks in fiction writing, poetry writing, playwriting, and creative nonfiction. The full-time creative writing faculty of seven has been widely published and anthologized and has been awarded such distinctions as the Gertrude Stein Award, the Kenyon Review Prize, the Sue Kaufman Prize, the Kennedy Center Gold Medallion, and the Pushcart Prize."

Read more....

orthetiger

Feb 19, 2010, 11:15 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3804 views)
Shortcut
Re: [motet] University of Kansas Can't Post

I know there have been a few rejections posted that occurred on Wednesday morning... But here I am with no news and I'd like to see if I'm alone. Anybody else without word? Any acceptances? Bring yourself out of lurkland to help me out!

JamieGG

Dec 14, 2010, 8:49 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2646 views)
Shortcut
Re: [motet] University of Kansas Can't Post

I have heard two amazing things about this program, for those about to apply:

1. Joshua Cohen, author of Witz, will be a visiting faculty member in Spring 2011, to be followed by another visiting faculty member TBA.

2. The University of Kansas has launched a new grad student run journal, Beecher's. A contest launches in January, judged by Deb Olin Unferth for fiction and Adam Robinson for poetry.

Main Index » Writing and Publishing » MFA Programs

P&W Newsletters

Sign up to receive our monthly email newsletter to stay informed of the latest news, events and more.

Click to Sign Up

Subscribe to P&W Magazine | Donate Now | Advertise | Sign up for E-Newsletter | About Us | Contact Us

© Copyright Poets & Writers 2011. All Rights Reserved