Thank you for helping us keep our website as up-to-date as possible, and for being part of the Poets & Writers community. We appreciate it!
Skip to Main Content
| Give a Gift |
Submit well written stories, narratives, and poems that tell stories. We are looking for writers who express a clear point of view that challenges our imaginations or perspectives.
1. Read, read, and read more poetry and prose. Buy literary magazines and books. Then read them. Know the marketplace. (Movies don't count.) Support the marketplace.
2. Revise, revise, revise. When you have finished, revise again.
3. Tell a story. Start with a dilemma.
4. Tired of reading stories about narrators who dumpster dive and narrators with psychotic issues, a subject too difficult for most "sane" people to write well. Also tired of stories starting or ending with narrators waking from dreams. Finally, no plots that can be found on the Hallmark channel.
5. We prefer poems that tell stories. No list poems.
6. No ranting. Tired of angry poetry and prose about the futility of life.
7. Read the publication by going online or ordering back issues at www.snreview.org.
Please note: The information provided in this database is provided by the magazines listed in it.
Last updated: July 25, 2015